Blocking is the method by which administrators may technically prevent users from editing Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Wiki. Blocks are used to prevent damage or disruption, not to punish users. Blocks sometimes are used as a deterrent, to discourage whatever behavior led to the block and encourage a productive editing environment.
Any user may request a block on one of our Administrators' talk pages for major incidents of vandalism or disruption. Users requesting blocks should supply credible evidence of the circumstances warranting a block. Administrators are never obliged to place a block and are free to investigate the situation themselves. Because blocks may be reviewed and appealed, it is often important that the blocking and reviewing administrators each communicate with and take care to inform the others.
Blocked users can appeal their blocks by making a statement on their talk page. Except in cases of unambiguous error, administrators should not undo other administrators' blocks without prior discussion (see below).
Reasons for Blocking Edit
Accounts and addresses may be blocked for:
- Persistent personal attacks.
- Persistent vandalism (though obvious, blatant vandalism warrants an immediate block, such as removing page content for no reason or removing references for no reason).
- Persistent gross incivility.
- Persistent harassment.
- Persistent spamming.
- Edits warring or reverts warring.
- Breaching the Multiple Users policy.
- Persistently violating other policies or guidelines.
- Accounts with inappropriate usernames.